People don’t often find themselves needing the services of a Notary Public but when they do it is frequently unexpected and often urgent.
I can usually deal with a matter within 24 hours although it may take longer if third party input is required.
The most common services I am asked to provide are those relating to:-
- Witnessing Powers of Attorney relating to foreign properties or Court proceedings.
- Certifying the genuineness of academic professional and similar certificates for people going to work overseas.
- Certifying the genuineness of copies of British Passports.
- Validating documents for immigration or foreign adoption applications.
- Assisting where people are to be married or indeed have died or suffered injury abroad.
- Certifying Forms of Consent for children travelling abroad.
- Authenticating company documents for use overseas or for setting up a business in a foreign country.
- Procuring any necessary endorsements by the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office and by Foreign Embassies or Consulates.
As well as making sure of the genuineness of documents brought to me I also check and certify your own identity and if you are being asked to sign documents I have to be sure you understand what you are doing and that you sign willingly. My certificate to that effect then makes those documents acceptable in foreign jurisdictions.
Occasionally a personal meeting is not necessary but where it is I can usually see you at short notice although only by appointment. We can meet either:-
- At your premises – I prefer mornings but I can accommodate afternoons and evenings, even weekends.
- During office hours at one of the offices of my former solicitors firm (Finn Gledhill) at Halifax or at Hebden Bridge or at the office of Lucas Lee & Partners, Chartered Surveyors in Huddersfield.